Epic Essential No Fill Turnout Rug - Broad Fit
NO FILL HEAVY HORSE TURNOUT RUG
Extra lightweight heavy horse turnout rug provides the perfect protection on mild wet days.
This heavy horse turnout rug comes with 0g of filling for an extra lightweight covering for your heavy horse. Our Epic Essential heavy horse turnout rugs are high quality, basic, no frills rugs. The Epic Essential heavy horse turnout rug range is our budget range but not budget quality.
This heavy horse turnout rug is designed specifically for big shouldered horses and heavier breeds to accommodate the broader chest, shoulders and apple-bottom. If you horse is a light - medium weight, try our Regular Fit horse turnout rug.
- Cut from our Broad Fit size chart for heavy horses and ponies
- 1200 denier ripstop polyester outer
- Waterproof and breathable
- No filling
- Antibacterial and antistatic soft polyester lining
- Twin Epic chest buckles with quick release clips for additional adjustment
- Velcro fastenings for our no fill neck cover (neck cover sold separately)
- Extra large shoulder gussets for full freedom of movement
- Extra rug depth ensuring no more mini skirts
- Extra large tail flap for complete coverage
- Low cross surcingles
- Adjustable and removable leg straps
- Reflective strips on all four corners
- Available sizes 5’9 – 7’6
All Epic heavy horse rugs are carefully hand packed in a complimentary, reusable zip-fastened storage bag for easy carrying and to keep your tack room tidy when not in use.
MODEL: Bowland George, 17.1hh Heavy Weight Irish Draught wearing 7'0 Broad Fit
I have a 16.2h draught/cob cross with a very deep chest, big shoulder and neck. He loves his heavyweight (300g) winter turnout and we had no rubbing/loss of mane so the 0g was the obvious choice now with the hot and wet weather we're having. So far so good - comfortable and no rubbing! We are big fans.
Really pleased so far, fits nicely around the shoulders and nice long sides. He keeps braking the straps on his rugs from
Other brands when he rolls, hopefully this better fit from the broader range will stop this. Happy a 5’9 fits him, as he’s only 14’2!
I have been using the Combo (50g) rug for the colder months and it is a lovely fit but it's too warm for that now so I got this one. It fits well but slips back more than the Combo and gets a tiny bit tight around his neck. Still so much better than his old Rhino rug which was very tight around his neck and shoulders. It is lovely and light and easy to throw over his back. The Combo is heavy and I need to stand on a step to lift it on him as he is 16hh and I am 5ft and weak! The front fastening clips are smaller than you get with the more expensive rugs but the seem to be holding up ok so far. A good value great quality rug.